I heard you said BASIC! Definitely, it is! But the truth is there are still advertisers hiring freelancers to do this straightforward job. Probably they don’t know that Shopify has a native integration of Facebook Pixel, and it’s pretty simple to do.
How To Facebook Pixel to Shopify
- In Shopify Dashboard, go to Online Store.
- Click Preferences.
- Locate the Facebook Pixel section
- Paste your Facebook Pixel ID
- Save and all done.
The Pros & Cons of Using Default FB Pixel Integration
Everyone probably knows how to do this, you’re probably one of those who do this stuff on your own. But have you asked yourself what the benefits of using it are? What are the limitations, and what would be the problems I may encounter in the future?
- Everything works instantly! – Absolutely correct! After adding your Pixel ID, all essential events you need for your website will instantly work perfectly fine. It includes Search, CompleteRegistration, ViewContent, AddToCart, InitiateCheckout and Purchase.
- Dynamic Product Ad Parameters – the good thing about this is that the eCommerce event parameters are already supported. This is probably one of the hardest part to implement. Thanks to Shopify, they added this for everyone. You just saved hundreds of dollars already from hiring a developer.
The Problems & Limitations
The default integration should be enough for you if you’re confident that you’re doing everything clean. But I still recommend having multiple pixels for your business just to be safe. In the past, I witness lots of my clients, some of them spending thousands of dollars every day, and their account still got shutdown. So add several pixels to your site, it won’t break the bank! 😀